Newborn Knot Stocking Hat
When I first got my hands on the Lion Brand Amazing yarn, a couple years ago, I used it to make crocodile booties and baby bonnets. I fell in love with the grungy, rustic vibe, the skiens produced. I wanted to create a quick, simple pattern, that would also show off the unique pops of color.
The design turned into this light stocking hat, showcasing an elongated top for those appealing color schemes.
A big thank you to Katy Jean, owner of Truly Katy Photography, for sharing the beautiful newborn photograph, representing this pattern design and my work.
Newborn Knot Stocking Hat
Please Note that I have included affiliate links, linked to the supplies I used in this crochet pattern. By clicking on these links you have the option to purchase these materials. By purchasing materials through these links, I will earn a small commission with no extra cost to you. Thank you!
- Worsted weight yarn, weight 4 medium 130 Yards
- K 6.50mm crochet hook
- Tapestry needle (for tying in ends)
- Soft tape measure (for gauge & measurements)
- Stitch Marker
- Large 1" Wooden Button (optional)
- Ch - Chain
- St - Stitch
- Sts - Stitches
- Sl st - Slip stitch
- Sc - Single crochet
- Hdc - Half double crochet
- 3" - 9 sts
- 3" - 6 rows
- This crochet pattern is written in US crochet terms.
- This crochet pattern is worked from the top down.
- This pattern is worked in a continuous circle. Do not chain at the beginning of a round (unless otherwise stated). Do not join at the end of a round. I would recommend using a stitch marker.
Measurements: Circumference 12", Length 17 3/4"-18"
1. Ch 2, place 7 Hdc in second ch from hook. Pull end string to close hole. (7)
2-16. Hdc in each st around. (7)
17. 2 Hdc in each st around. (14)
18-22. Hdc in each st around. (14)
23. *2 Hdc in the first st, 1 Hdc in next* repeat around. (21)
24-28. Hdc in each st around. (21)
29. *2 Hdc in the first st, 1 Hdc in the next two sts* repeat around. (28)
30-34. Hdc in each st around. (28)
35. *2 Hdc in the first st, 1 hdc in the next three sts* repeat around. (35)
36-42. Hdc in each st around. (35)
43. Sc in each st around. Sl st into next st. (35)
Tie off. Weave in ends.
Using rows 1-16 tie a loose knot in the top for added cuteness.
Optional: Using a tapestry needle and some thread/yarn, sew on button.
You're free to use this pattern to create and sell, but you do not have permission to republish or distribute this pattern in any way. All content within Semi Sweet Crafter including patterns, images, graphs, designs, logos, written work, and all other information are copyrighted and you do not have permission to use. Instead, please share the link back to the original post. Thank You!